Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'pig'.
From the album: Handbuilding workThose ears were almost the death of me. Since he was so thick (even after doing the "pumpkin seed scoop" to his insides after I cut the hole) he required long, slow drying. Our cubbies at the studio are along the walls of the handbuilding room with tables in the center. One day I was there and decided that he was sticking out too far and someone might bump him. So I rearranged the cubby so I could face him inwards and I bumped him and knocked his ears OFF! They were reattached with paper clay, vingear, spooze combo that I could probably never repeat those proportions again. It worked and they made it through glaze firing. However my brushwork on them is awful ... you can see every brush stroke. I'm thinking that they won't stick out too much from under the plant leaves so should be ok.
From the album: Handbuilding workThis is a model done prior to making a full size pig planter. He was made using what my instructor calls the "hollow potato" method... basically pinch pot until you can close it up. He was then rolled on the table to set the overall shape using the trapped air inside the potato to push against. He's very heavy for his size since the walls are at least 1/2" thick. Next time they'll be thinner before I close up the shape. I dabbed black glaze in his eyes and nostrils to highlight but it ran ever so slightly on the white. Very happy with him.