Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. … or maybe "high temperature over glaze paints". Maybe there isn't a term for this in English...
  2. Hello, Thank you sooo much for your detailed message! I've been looking for a "glossary" like this for ages! And you answered me so soon! (I didn't know if anyone would answer me at all :-)) That's why I came back so late. THANKS! Those overglazes are difficult. Are overglazes and overglaze paints two different things? What I'm supposed to translate is some "new" stuff. In Czechoslovakia, they started to use them in the 70's and I'm afraid they are something different than lusters or over glaze paints - those are usually fired at lower temperatures than 1,200 - 1,300 °C (2,200
  3. I'm Czech and I'm translating a school syllabus for pottery classes. I need some help. Is there a word in English for: This shape which you get after centering and opening clay ( in Czech: "the basic shape"): additives which make a clay body lighter because they burn out (e.g. peat, starch, sawdust,..) in Czech they are called "lighteners" paints which are used on glaze fired pots and then fired again at 1,200 - 1,300 °C, very resistant on glaze paints. (in Czech something like "melt-in paints") Finally, is there an expression like "outer hand" and "inner hand"
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.