Anyway, thanks to your ideas, I was able to get out to the "garagio" and work, and was able to finally obtain a shape that I have been chasing for the past few years. It's close enough anyway, so it's a keeper!
The first pic shows the pot after some trimming, and before I cut it off the bat. I threw it upside down, as I do many of my pots these days, as I like to throw unusual, deep feet with funky profiles, and I find that easier than trimming them, especially when they are taller.
The second pic shows the pot almost at it's final shape, still needs lotsa work, but it was 1030pm last night when I finished and took these pics.
Looking pretty good, so thank you all for your help, gonna make some pots in a different style next, more along the lines of one of my favorite potters, Rob Sieminski.
- Horace Dipthong likes this