Or... I can I put it in the balcony, in good weather? It's four sides sheltered. I know, electricity and water don't mix, but on dry days? I will be home all the time the kiln is on, anyway.
I do have a studio space in a purpose built unit and they fire a few kilns all at once in a large area, but not much ventilation!!! Studio users use that space also for plaster work and glazing. How about the fumes there? I guess we all breathe them!!! The owners are people with lots of experience, so I always assumed that they know what they're doing. They use the space themselves, too, when the kilns are on...
They put the kilns at night and may be by the time we get there in the morning, most/all of the toxic fumes have gone??
Would an extractor fan (say, installed on a window) be OK? Or would I need something more specialist? Would the gasses be coming out all throughout the firing process or would there be a safe time to use the room where the kiln would be? I'm thinking of putting it in the kitchen.