Yes I have one that is clear and glossy-I am firing today a cone 10 glaze -I'll look it up and take a photo of its use for you. It is clear and I have used it for years (like 35-40) It best put on as a thin coat. If it bubbles rub them out. It does not crawl.
Good to see someone else working in cone 10 reduction
I have used this mainly on porcelain bodies over drawings.I did post it once years ago but the folks who work in cone 10 here are few and far between ,but let me go get it from studio.
You will have to test the results over amaco underglazes as that is an unknown.
PS I'm not laughing at all-not if you asked for a clear matt that one is funny
heres some work using this glaze covering a few decades-like the 70's and 80's-the clear is on Porc-fired to at least cone cone 9-10 reduction
This glaze is called
HT 51cone 9-10
Kingman feldspar(potash for those who do not have this spar)- 27
Ball Clay OM4 19.5
silica 325 mesh 34
Thank you, Mark--that does look like a very nice cone 10 clear; there may have been a little confusion in my wording, but I'm hoping that someone has a clear glaze that they've experienced as working well specifically over the Amaco Velvet underglazes. I will keep this recipe to test, though.
I've learned that it's good to have photos of your work against an all-white background with minimal shadows, in addition to the "lifestyle" shots and graduated background images—this is how a lot of sites/graphic designers/etc. want to have them so that they can easily "slice" the image away from the background and insert it into whatever format they're using (postcards, websites, etc.), to achieve consistency with images from multiple sources. You can do this on the super-cheap and achieve really good results: http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html — this box works well with outdoor light as well as studio light.
I second bciskepottery's answer—I once had a commercial glaze that had settled—quite literally—to dry rock hard at the bottom, while there was still clear water above it. I chiseled out the whole mess into a large tray (including the "clear" water), patiently let it completely dry out, broke it up into fine pieces, and rehydrated it. I have since added a tiny amount of epsom salts solution, and try to remix it about every two weeks if I'm not using it.
BTW, I am in love with my Braun stick blender for remixing settled glazes—they don't make them any more, but I found a beauty on Ebay for about $18, and it's one of my favorite tools.