$1000 Scholarships For Students At Acc Workshop

I just spoke with the director of the summer program at Appalachian Center for Crafts. He has extended the deadline for $1000 scholarships for my workshop up to May 6th. This is a new program that provides college credit courses through an intense three-week study.They are looking for college students to receive these scholarships. The tuition includes the materials and instruction but does not include room and board nor college credit. Housing is in cabins and food is served in the cafeteria which was really good last time I was there. I believe canoes are available for exploring the lakes.Anyone interested in this should contact the Appalachian Center for Crafts, Beth Smith at 615 597 6801

It was requested that the class make murals for the campus at ACC. This would be a large part of the course. The Appalachian Center for Crafts is in a beautiful rural setting on a peninsula surrounded by woods and lakes. (Think summer camp) See the ACC listing for summer classes under "Clay Events" forum. If you don't want the college credit, that is ok too. Here is the contact information

Appalachian Center for Craft

1560 Craft Center Drive

Smithville, TN 37166

www.tntech.edu/craftcenter/workshops/

Architectural Ceramics - Marcia Selsor June 12-July 1

Come learn to manipulate extruded forms, discern absorption tests of clay bodies, design for public spaces, and acquire advanced handbuilding techniques such as handling large slabs, press and ram forming, wrapping around and over forms, using tar paper, and sprigging. Projects will include design and installation of murals for the campus at Appalachian Center for Crafts.

This is a fantastic opportunity. Education in these intensive workshops is unparalleled. The Appalachian Center for Crafts certainly has a special place in my heart, I lived there for 3 years as an instructor and artist in residence. What a fantastic facility. I encourage students to to apply to this scholarship!

Have a great workshop Marcia, i look forward to seeing the end results!

Best,

Stephen

I just spoke with the director of the summer program at ACC. He has extended the deadline for $1000 scholarships for my workshop up to May 6th. This is a new program that provides college credit courses through an intense three-week study.They are looking for college students to receive these scholarships. The tuition does not include room and board plus college credit. Anyone interested in this should contact the Appalachian Center for Crafts, Beth Smith at 615 597 6801

It was requested that the class make murals for the campus at ACC. This would be a large part of the course. The Appalachian Center for Crafts is in a beautiful rural setting on a peninsula surrounded by woods and lakes. (Think summer camp) See the ACC listing for summer classes under "Clay Events" forum.

Architectural Ceramics - Marcia Selsor

June 12-July 1

Come learn to manipulate extruded forms, discern absorption tests of clay bodies, design for public spaces, and acquire advanced handbuilding techniques such as handling large slabs, press and ram forming, wrapping around and over forms, using tar paper, and sprigging. Projects will include design and installation of murals for the campus at Appalachian Center for Crafts.

Archived