Translation Software Suggestions?

It's pretty clear I need an app or software that can translate languages to participate in our community. Any suggestions for apps/software? Ideally (if possible) to auto recognize the poster's language in their message; to read and reply in kind.

Spam? Live & learn. Even so I feel a translator software would be a good thing to have if  I needed it. I still pose the question. Any suggestions for a software/app that works well?? Again ideally It would be great if it had the ability to recognize the language inputted if I did not recognize it.?

Guest JBaymore

Unlike many Euro-centric languages, automated translation of Japanese is just about impossible.  Mostly you get jibberish.  Chinese and Korean I understand are also not all that great.

best,

.................john

Andy. I occasionally use Google Translate app on my iPhone and ipad. It is not perfect but close enough. You can speak into it and it will translate and speak back in many different languages like the Star Trek universal translator. You can also scan text with the camera and it changes text into a language you choose.

Paul

I HAVE LIVED TOO FAR OUT OF TOWN FOR TOO LONG IF PEOPLE CAN DO THIS SCI-FI STUFF NOW.   I CANNOT EVEN MAKE A CELL PHONE WORK INSIDE MY HOUSE AND I THINK IT IS STUPID TO HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE TO TALK ON THE PHONE.   YES, I am YELLING!

no, joel, living in a valley at river level with no towers within many, many miles.  mountains in between.  if someone just touches my radio dial, it takes days to get it back to the station broadcasting from washington, dc, 60 miles east.

Archived