Community Challenge #2

Joel:

I don't know if this is what you were talking about but I just discovered that if you right click on the image, a menu appears that says "View Sizes: Large, Medium, Small". And then you're taken to that image and you can choose to see a thumbnail, small, medium, or large. When you're viewing the size you want to post, you can just drag the image and drop it right here! 

I've got the "small" version of this photo open in another tab ... pick it up with my mouse, drag it over to this tab, drop it into this text box and bam! :) Lookit! Lookit! (Sorry, I'm really excited in case you can't tell ... this has been driving me nuts for a long time and I've just found a solution!)

sml_gallery_67168_947_1105654.jpg

What tree, though?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I didn't know you could do it that way. When you click on the image and it comes up with those options it also says 'get direct link to image' click that and copy the url.

Then when you have the url click the circled icon shown below and past link into the box. No reason you can't do it the way you found but this way you can sometime link images from other sites than CAD.

post-23281-0-14337000-1438599735_thumb.jpg

post-23281-0-14337000-1438599735_thumb.jpg

are all of you working with something other than google chrome?  i cannot find anything you are discussing though i think i found a tree.

I use chrome, The small,medium and large options can only be found when you are in the gallery and right click on the image you are viewing.

You can either click the thumbnail,small,medium or large and drag+drop into your post that Giselle found out or click direct link (it will open a new webpage) copy the url from the top. It will end in .jpg or whatever image file format it is. Click the tree and past the url into the box that pops up.

They both do the same thing except you can choose a smaller version it looks like through Giselle drag and drop option. With the linking option you can take image sources from other sites post here without uploading it to CAD. Not all website URL can be linked.

You can see the difference, below is an image attached to the post, very small and you have to click on it to see a bigger version. Linking the image lets you show a bigger version directly in the post so no need to click for the full image, although you still can. This gets round the post attachment size problem so no need to struggle editing size.

post-23281-0-22982900-1438612896_thumb.jpg

OMG.  I had to zoom in to 300% on my 19" screen to see it IS a tree.  At 100% it just looks like a green blob on a green background.  I thought with glasses I had pretty good vision, oohh to be young again.....

It is a very small tree :D at least I think it is a tree. Had to hover over it to see the 'image' text pop up before I knew what it did 

post-23281-0-22982900-1438612896_thumb.jpg

Ahh, I also used the View sizes/drag and drop technique too...  So it's true, you do learn something new everyday.  What would be really helpful, if as well as learning I could remember.......

LOL If you're like me you'll remember it ... after thirteen or fourteen times ... ;) 

Archived