Community Challenge #2

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great entry Paul :D just had to go and double check I haven't missed the end date as I am relaxing in the bar with a tequila sunrise on holiday :D

I am probably going to be away the weekend of 31st July so there will be a few extra days for this challenge until I am back home. We will see, I may have computer access down at my friends.

Great entry Paul :D just had to go and double check I haven't missed the end date as I am relaxing in the bar with a tequila sunrise on holiday :D

I am probably going to be away the weekend of 31st July so there will be a few extra days for this challenge until I am back home. We will see, I may have computer access down at my friends.

Joel, there is still time for someone just discovering the challenge (or just remembering) to get something finished by the end of July...and time for @BeckyH to share more of her wonderful brownies.  I'd still vote for giving here some sort of award for her generosity...she has backed up her promise and has asked for nothing in return.

Have a great holiday!

-Paul

Becky: the brownies arrived safe and delicious a couple days ago. I have been sick with bronchitis so I haven't been on the computer much at all. Finally up and got dressed and eveything today!

Thank you SO much, you even made GF for me. You're the best. :):)

thanks, paul, but i do not like that dragonfly any more.  it is an old piece of jewelry and not as realistic as the one i use today.   the pot is 4 1/4  in. wide at the top, 2 in. at the bottom and only 3 3/4 in. high.  the photo makes it look taller.

hope the plant will be happy, i left one last year and my lovely neighbor waters everything over the winter.  i gallon of water into the tray with 4 geraniums, 1 gallon of water for the african violet.

hahahaha rae, i read somewhere in one of the magazines that people like to see the way something is made so i did it that way.  it really hurts because, of course, i am of the generation that worships perfection and concealment of method.  i can appreciate other peoples straight seams but i want seamless if my name is on it. 

what happened to the photo?  i would swear it was not that dark when i posted it?  could not use flash because it washed out all the detail.  but it is so dark now i hardly recognize it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my first spring planter (which I posted pics of a page or so back) turned out to be the last, due to my surgeries and a planned long vacation with my sister. Just don't want anyone to think I took the brownies and ran LOL. 

Final Entry - Community Challenge #2

And I'm really sorry, but it's so late, I've had the longest day, and of course it's too big to upload. I'm so exhausted that I can't even think about how to resize the photo and plus now the site isn't responding so I will do it in the morning. But it's done, it came out of the kiln this morning! :) 

Final Entry - Community Challenge #2

I hope this is okay. I am scrambling madly to get ready for my very first show and I can't figure out how to resize the image. I've already tried several times and I don't have any more time. Here is the link to it in my gallery:

http://community.ceramicartsdaily.org/uploads/gallery/album_947/gallery_67168_947_1147671.jpg

If you click the small image icon on the bottom icon line and paste the link in the forum will post it from your gallery, no resizing needed.

or you can put the link in this code

[img=http://community.ceramicartsdaily.org/uploads/gallery/album_947/gallery_67168_947_1147671.jpg]

Ah HA! Thank you, Joel!! This has stumped me for as long as I've been on this forum, I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. I didn't understand the icon thingy that you said but the link bracketing I can totally do. Thank you times a million. :) 

If you click the small image icon on the bottom icon line and paste the link in the forum will post it from your gallery, no resizing needed.

or you can put the link in this code

[img=http://community.ceramicartsdaily.org/uploads/gallery/album_947/gallery_67168_947_1147671.jpg]

Ah HA! Thank you, Joel!! This has stumped me for as long as I've been on this forum, I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. I didn't understand the icon thingy that you said but the link bracketing I can totally do. Thank you times a million. :)

The icon just puts the image url into the right code for you automatically. Click the small tree icon and paste in the url. Sometimes writing the code doesn't work properly and its better to use the function.

OMG.  I had to zoom in to 300% on my 19" screen to see it IS a tree.  At 100% it just looks like a green blob on a green background.  I thought with glasses I had pretty good vision, oohh to be young again.....

Archived