By now, many of you have read the thread where I walked into the meeting with my hat off, and no one knew me. So I thought I would post a picture of me with my hat off here. It will be obvious why I wear a hat outside, as there is nothing worse than rain running off of a bald head down your neck. Other side of coin is the blazing sun that can leave blisters the size of quarters especially when demonstrating outside all day. So here is a pic taken with some great personalities that I met, Tom Roberts and John Baymore.

post-894-0-64109600-1427898326_thumb.jpg

post-894-0-64109600-1427898326_thumb.jpg

You have a lot more hair than my husband, he started going bald when he was 21.  I wish I could get him to wear a hat more often to protect his scalp from the sun.  It is nice to see what you look like without the hat.    Denice

Hey,gang;

I am now back as well. Spent 4 days in Toronto with the sisters. We went to the One of a Kind show. Met some great artists. Saw some interesting, and creative work.

Pres and I met at John Baymores talk on Chawan-hope I spelled it right.

I have some stories for another day. The hotel that I booked to stay in gave my room away. Can't say any more at the moment. Had a great time, met some old friends, had lots of laughs, even learned a few things.

Tom.

It was great to meet Tom and Pres. at NCeca. I am afraid I was the one who was surprised by Pres 's original entry. I thought he was Don, a former board member but who shaved his beard and head! It wasn't til he put the hat on that I knew who he was. Very nice to meet you both..

Marcia

Yes, Marcia, but I left the person out on purpose. I did not want to embarrass anyone. I was so happy to meet you after all of the encouragement you have given me over the past few years.

At the same time, I never got a picture of you! I have seen so much of your posts, your work and even followed you online through much of your travel, that I should have. Maybe next year in KC.

You know what folks, I am still in a dither after being in RI. Visual overload!

By now, many of you have read the thread where I walked into the meeting with my hat off, and no one knew me. So I thought I would post a picture of me with my hat off here. It will be obvious why I wear a hat outside, as there is nothing worse than rain running off of a bald head down your neck. Other side of coin is the blazing sun that can leave blisters the size of quarters especially when demonstrating outside all day. So here is a pic taken with some great personalities that I met, Tom Roberts and John Baymore.

You all look so normal!!

You all look so normal!!

Hmmmpf! I'm still trying to digest that!

I should also note, that with the hair and leather jacket, TJR, you look like a British rocker.... Or at very least their manager.

Hey, that's the look I was going for! Aging rocker who can no longer fit into spandex pants. John was the drummer, remember?

TJR.

That's a trio I like! Marci: too bad nobody took a picture of us!

And you all should have heard Tom telling his "clay story". I was so proud of him. Potters Council has a lot of really nice and great members. Glad to be a part of it.

Evelyne

Evelyn;

They don't know that I won a mug at the pottery slam. At my last NCECA 17 years ago in Las Vegas, I changed planes in Minneapolis to head north. The Winnipeg airport was closed due to a blizzard. We [8 of us] were trapped in the Minn. airport for two days without even a toothbrush.

Tom.

Next conference I am going to get pictures of people. Even though the story was told about not doing it. I met so many great folks, and need to have some pics to remember the moment, but was just too caught up in the moment!

Guest JBaymore

Next conference I am going to get pictures of people. Even though the story was told about not doing it. I met so many great folks, and need to have some pics to remember the moment, but was just too caught up in the moment!

"Don't take the picture!" ;)

Archived