Converting Electric To Gas

Sunny

Has anyone converted their old electric kiln to gas? I was buying paint today and was telling her about my old kiln that don't work and she said convert it to gas. I youtubed it and it sounds time consuming and difficult. And does this have to fire outside?

Most gas kilns, I've seen are in an outdoor, sometimes covered, area.  Those that are inside, are in large, all concrete spaces, as it was in my college studio.

From the videos I've seen, converting an old electric to gas, didn't seem that hard.  Some cutting in the side, and top for the intake and exit flue, and that's about it.

Did you watch the Simon Leach video, where he converted a kiln?  I always enjoy watching his demos.

Has anyone converted their old electric kiln to gas? I was buying paint today and was telling her about my old kiln that don't work and she said convert it to gas. I youtubed it and it sounds time consuming and difficult. And does this have to fire outside?

I am trying to do this right now. Haven't got much further than looking into burners and kiln designs. I am enjoying it. It is difficult but so is anything that you don't know what you are doing. 

Did you watch the Simon Leach video, where he converted a kiln?  I always enjoy watching his demos.

Yes, I watched his and another one from some lady in Malaysia.  Is gas the same as Raku?

Archived