Nceca 2015 Providence, Ri?

Ok who's going to NCECA this year and what are you looking forward to most?

Just an FYI, I'll be hosting one of the NCECA connections " Second Annual NCECA Cup Swap" in Room 552 A/B. Hope everyone can stop by, even if just to say "Hi".

Spring

I will be going. Haven't been in 17 years, so I am pretty excited. I know Pres and Marcia are going as well. John Baymore is presenting and I will be going to his session as I am a neophyte when it comes to Japanese tea bowls.

I am hoping to see some of my homies from grad school. I want to attend Linda Christian's throwing demo. I will check out some commercial displays and the galleries. Should be a great time.

TJR.

Guest JBaymore

I'll be there.... all of the faculty from our college will be there... and just about all of the ceramics majors also.

Remember to stop by the Potters Council Members (and prospective members) Reception for some fun, food, and info on the Potters Council activities and benefits.  Watch for the "Wheel of Fortune" appearing there once again.  I'll be at the reception..... so will most of the PC Board members. Also stop to see the PC Members Juried Exhibition in the Trade Show Hall across from the Ceramic Arts group's booths (CM. PMI, CAD). 

(NOTE:  This meeting marks the end of my tenure on the Potters Council Board.) 

And stop by New Hampshire Institute of Art's table in the Trade Show Hall non-profit area too...... occasionally I will be there also.

best,

......................john

As TJR has stated, I will be there. First time, so if you are looking for me . . . look for the hick rubber necker trying to soak it all up! If that doesn't clue you, look for the hat!

Looking forward to meeting some of the faces that have been only words for so long.

best,

Pres

Sadly I have to miss this year ... But one of my pots will be standing in for me in the Potters Council Juried Show. It's a bit of a departure from my usual style, so please visit it in the PC booth ... see what you think of the juried show. We do have an extremely talented Membership.

I will be in Kansas City next year for the 50th.

I will be going. I have been attending NCECA since 1971 and hate to miss the event. I missed twice in all those years. Please stop by the Potters Council area next to Ceramics Monthly/ACERS booths and say hello. There are many shows, chances to meet lots of pottery folks, and the exhibition hall is amazing!Studythe program because there is always too much going on at the same time.

Looking forward to meeting people from the forum as well as seeing old friends.

Marcia

Although I cannot go to this year I am planning on going in 2016 for the KAnsas City con. I am going to try and get my school to pay for it. I have to fill out paper work this year for next year. If any of you are public school teachers you know what I am talking. I am wondering about how much the conference cost. Do you pay one fee or do you pay per workshop. Thank you.

Fawn

It costs about $155 early bird.if you volunteer to work as a reporter, or volunteer some way, maybe you have a better chance at funding.
I think membership may be an additional $50, go to Nceca.net to see the price. This is good for Wed. To Sat .for everything.nbus shuttles are additional. I have to say the smoothest shuttle operations at an NCeca were in KC the last time.
Marcia

I will be in Providence too. So glad to have the opportunity to finally meet a few of my forum colleagues!

I will, among others, go to John's lecture and also to Steven's and to Marc Leuthold's. I will be at the PC reception too.

Since I'am also a writer for New Ceramics magazine, you can find me at the booth of this magazin too (or leave a message there for me).

Looking forward to NCECA very much! Not long now.....

Evelyne

PS: Chris, I'll take a picture of your piece for you...

We'll miss you, Chris, at NCECA. It is the first you have missed in a while. 

Marcia

I know!!! I am going to miss all the fun and discussions and dinners and information. I will miss the friends walking around with pockets full of test tiles, or sample miniature pots with new glazes or stories of books underway .... I will definitely be in Kansas City as I can't go two years without my pottery 'fix'.

Seriously folks, if you can get to NCECA ... Go!

Where else can you spend four days with thousands of people who love pottery?

Forget the cowboy boots most of the people in KC dress upscale hip, we went to a outdoor art fair last summer while we were in KC for a car show.  Wearing T-shirts, shorts and baseball hats we felt under dressed, cowboys are further south and west.   Denice

Cowboy boots are more Texan but not where I live. Here there are more chic Latinas. I would say the boots would be in Central Texas to Oklahoma. Women wore them in Montana but usually for ranching or working  and not as a fashion statement

Just come as you are. It is a Potters Conference and fairly casual although some may dress up for receptions and the Friday night dance.

Marcia

I have a tendency to dress when it is something of a dance, or special reception. Lots of my peers never wear dress clothes after retirement. I find a little bit of refinement is nice on special occasions, which includes at least a sport coat and tie. My wife and I have never believed in constant jeans and t-shirt thing after retirement. All of that aside, I love a good dance even though I have two left feet.

Oh yeah, most of you see me with a hat, I do remove it indoors, when I meet a female, or when sitting at a table eating whether inside or out. B)

best,

Pres

The cow-girl boots were meant for Kansas City. But now I will refrain from buying when I would be the only one to wear them.... IF I come to KC too that is....

Dancing Marcia?? Are you going? My knees are objecting heavily :huh: ...

I bought my cowboy boots in Wichita, when I was there for NCECA. Don't buy them in Switzerland. That would be like buying a parka in North Carolina when you are coming to Canada.

Now I don't know what to wear! Kidding.Jeans, shirt, boots.

I have a tendency to dress when it is something of a dance, or special reception. Lots of my peers never wear dress clothes after retirement. I find a little bit of refinement is nice on special occasions, which includes at least a sport coat and tie. My wife and I have never believed in constant jeans and t-shirt thing after retirement. All of that aside, I love a good dance even though I have two left feet.

Oh yeah, most of you see me with a hat, I do remove it indoors, when I meet a female, or when sitting at a table eating whether inside or out. B)

best,

Pres

Good man. In Canada the law states that you cannot be served a beer if you are wearing a cowboy hat.

T.

Wichita still has a the same boot shops you got yours from we also have a custom hatter.   We have been redeveloping downtown in the older area and it has a lot of nightlife and nice hotels since NCECA was held here in the early 80's  We get a lot of feed back that groups enjoy the atmosphere and people here when the come for a conventions here.       Denice

Archived