Mocha Diffusion Tobacco Tea

docweathers

I'm experimenting with a number of ways to try to get better mocha diffusion. I just boiled up some nasty tobacco tea. I understand that it's best to let it all stand for a week. During that time a bacterial scum is supposed to form on the surface. My question is, does this bacteria chemically add something useful to the tobacco tea or is it just a random annoyance. I ask because putting a wine bubbler on the container with this nasty goop would likely inhibit the scum from forming.

I have carefully read Hoppers stuff and  watched his video several times. The problem with guys like him is that he is so good at what he does that he automatically takes care of a lot of important subtleties without pointing to them.

I've got basic mocha diffusion working but it seems like a fairly unstable and unpredictable phenomena that a few people have mastered spectacularly. I'm trying to refine it so I can get bigger better and more reliable patterns.

doc, robin hopper is in your neighborhood, (if you count 100 miles or so.)  why not just arrange a visit where you can ask all your technical questions of an expert?  do you think it matters what kind of tobacco you use, the smoking kind or the chewing kind?  why boil it?  are you distilling the info from several sources to come up with the best recipe?

No, I think Robin isn't back in his studio. I heard he's stopped working as a potter. Too painful. Still fairly ill.

If I would live a 100 miles from his house, I would drive to his home tomorrow. Such a nice guy and so helpful. Doc, write him an email. I'am sure he will be happy to help. He's on fb too!

Evelyne

PS: I still don't like to chew tobacco....

Actually I'm closer to 300 miles from where he is.  I've unsuccessfully searched his website for an email address. I think there is a message in that he doesn't make his email available.  If anyone has one for him would appreciate it. I will check out finding him on Facebook. 

Doc: Robin said I may give you his email address. He says he has an info sheet he can send and that he worked for 50 years with moch diffusion. I will p.m. you and tell you his email address. Don't know whether I may post it officially, so anybody else who is interested in the info sheet, please contact me via p.m. and tell me your own email address. I will retransmit it to Robin.

Such a nice and helpful person! And yes, look out for his book on gardening!

Evelyne

Archived