I've Noticed Something About...

...the community gallery.

Hardly anybody leaves feedback on anyone's work. :(

Most of the time, it's just my own blabbermouth comments that are up there on the "newest" board thingy, and it makes me kinda sad. Granted, the gallery is FREAKING HUGE, but everyone likes to hear thoughts on their work every once in a while. ^_^

Some pieces have a bajillion views, and no comments at all. If I see an interesting piece up there, I generally try to say a few things about it (though, for some reason I shall never fathom, this site won't let me use words with an apostrophe in them in the gallery!), whether it's silly drooling praise or process inquiry. Comments indicate interest in an artist's work, and everyone likes that! ^_^

Let's liven up the gallery, guys! There's really cool stuff in there! ♥

I think it kind of stinks that there has to be a competition for people to give their fellow ceramists feedback here. I felt like the Lone Rodent on that board for a long time, and was afraid I'd get in trouble for leaving too many comments on the works I saw here. Even if people aren't participating in the challenge, I feel that acknowledging their work is 'portants, too! ^_^

Guinea, great topic! Thank you for your "dismay". You are right, and we discussed this topic on a few occasions in the past, but I think the problem is that people here don't know each other well enough to leave comments. If a person is known to another person, they can "talk to each other" in leaving comments. People who only browse the forum anonymously, take a tip here and there and then leave again. They don't want to "communicate" IMO. I think it very sad!

Same goes for the "Like this" button, by the way....

ok, I'll take your challenge. Will browse the gallery now and comment on at least 5 pictures.

Evelyne

I never even think about this gallery, the Electric Cone 6 forum has a gallery banner at the top of the page,  it greets you with new photos.  I usually make comments or ask questions on those.  Maybe a redesign on the site would bring the gallery more attention.    Denice

I ran out of "likes.." :'( We only get three a day! I used them all up in the gallery... *sadface*

I'm so happy the gallery is starting to come alive again! It's really awesome to see all the new comments and stuff (that aren't written by me, haha). ^_^ There is so much magic in that place--try clicking the "tags" to be taken to different works that might otherwise have been buried--I found some GORGEOUS stuff that way! :3

Wheek! ♥

but only 100 of them.  i am at 95 or so and want to save the ones i have kept.  don't know how to store them somewhere else.

Yeah, I'm with you there. I wish there was some way of increasing storage...all I can think of is copying the text and saving it as a word document on a computer or something. :(

Thanks Stephen, we just did that.

PRankin: just p.m.'d and e-maile'd you....

Oldlady and Guinea: copy/paste the texts and saving as word document is the idea. You then can delete some messages and, voilá, you'll have more space.... (is space the right word for it, or is it "room"? "place"? or...??)

Evelyne

Thank you again, Evelyne. I called to make a reservation and was told the workshop was sold out the first day. I was placed on a waiting list so there is a small chance I could get in. Bailey is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from me in upstate New York so it would make for a nice weekend.

- Paul R.

I do look in the Gallery from time to time, I have left some remarks in there.. just got our new computer, other one took its last 120 volts straight to the brain and died... I will look more often now as it is really kewl to see every ones work...

I am planning a pot that will be my main line of flower pot/planters.. I have a guy who I am working with who wants to purchase it, its for his wifey.. If all goes good, it will be in my gallery in 3 weeks to a  month... im going into  "Organic mode" my fav. mode... 

Archived