Mud Buddies In/near Spokane, Wa?

So, Guinea lives just outside Spokane, in eastern Washington. I am really wanting to get together with some local ceramists to try this pit fire thing out in late April or so! My mom has a place in Davenport with a huge backyard that'd be perfect for a pit, and I have lots of pine to burn with tons of glorious nitrogen-rich bunny poop for days! Anyone with other stuff to add (I have nails and tons of pennies, too), like FeO2, that'd be great!

I am such a lonely guinea in my little mud world, and I know ya'll are out there--what do you think? Maybe we could have a potluck, too! :3

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Tyler is a little bit closer than Davenport. And we have TONS of space! We also have a perfect spot in the "back 40" as they say, that would be just right for a pit firing. It's where we burn all of the maintenance clean up we do every year out here. You know: Pine branches, tumble weeds, and anything else that isn't appropriate for the wood stove. And CHICKEN POOP!!!! :lol: Oh yeah, I have LOTS of chicken poop! ;)

I'm also frothing at the mouth to do a raku firing out here. I'm trying to talk a friend from the guild to bring out one of the smaller [portable?] raku kilns. It would save me from having to build my own before I'm really ready to.

I also have a slow cooker! We could probably be convinced to toss in a few pounds of elk meat and make a spiffy pulled elk barbeque out of that, since you've mentioned potluck! :D Send me your phone number, Guinea, and we'll start making plans!! I is a lonely potter to, ya know! ;)

I have tons of rabbit poop to contribute, too. Bun poop has 4x the nitrogen of horse poop per pound, so blacks galore will abound! ^_^ I wanna pick up some Coleman Raku when I get some money, too--I'd like to try making some pit fired ocarinas and small animal sculptures. :)

I also have old nails--they flash blue-black, from what I've read. I hope someone can bring some RIO, too. :)

Have you seen CAR's raku called PacMan? OMG! Done over black terra sig, it's absolutely AMAZING! I picked up all of the necessities to do it on my last trip to Tacoma. One of these days, I'll get the chance to sit down and throw a few pieces for that project. It looks like something Tiffany would have made in glass. Yummy nummy!! :)

I live in the Spokane Valley and would really like to attend your Raku firing.  I don't know much about Raku but I can pitch in and help wherever I'm needed.  We have some pine, willow and cherry wood I can bring.  I make a pretty good chili too.

guinea, you have solved your money problems.  package that bunny poop and sell it online and through high priced nurseries for plant food.  if the llama poop sellers can make money that way, so can you. just checked two places online and they sell it for $3.50 to $13.95 a pound. the more expensive stuff comes in a cute burlap bag.  free shipping, (surprise) at that rate it should go on a jet plane.

i used goat "berries" when i lived at Puddleduck Farm.   

Archived