What To Do With Clay From Making Molds?

im making plaster molds of brocade tiles, and i hate to throw away the clay im using because of the bits and pieces of plaster in it.

i was actually taking the time to pick out as may pieces of plaster as i could and still using the clay, but i dont have time for that these days.

not to mention, i still end up with boogers on my finished pieces.

anyone have any ideas?

im making plaster molds of brocade tiles, and i hate to throw away the clay im using because of the bits and pieces of plaster in it.

i was actually taking the time to pick out as may pieces of plaster as i could and still using the clay, but i dont have time for that these days.

anyone have any ideas?

Yes. Always scrape off as much of the plaster bits as you can, wedge it up, bag it, keep it damp and ready for your next mold making session.

anyone have any ideas?

Yes. Always scrape off as much of the plaster bits as you can, wedge it up, bag it, keep it damp and ready for your next mold making session.

Sorry, forgot to tell you to be sure to label it as your 'mold making clay'. Include

type of clay, batch number if you have it and source and/or manufacturer's name, address, etc. this may come in handy one day.

Guest Herb Norris

I just use the same clay over and over; I have had the same clay for five years now. If it dries out I just slake it down, pick out the big pieces of plaster, then dry it and wedge it up.

By the way, extra points to the OP for using the word "have" instead of "got!"biggrin.gif

Archived