Roxy, Pots And Costumes: In Conversation With Carol Mcnicoll

Hello all

I'm staging a Birmingham based event that may be interesting - I'll be in conversation with Carol McNicoll. Before she settled as a ceramicist she had several other mini-careers (see text below). There will be a few Eno / Roxy fans present and Birmingham local history theatre buffs but I also wanted a few ceramicists to be present to reflect her current focus. Hope to see you there!

Ben

Roxy, Pots and Costumes: in conversation with Carol McNicoll

Friday 13 February 2015

630 - 8pm

Lecture Theatre

BCU Parkside Building

Cardigan Street

B4 7BD

https://carolmcnicoll.eventbrite.co.uk

Best known for her startling ceramics, Carol McNicoll has also variously been a teacher, gardener, seamstress for Zhandra Rhodes and creator of unforgettable costumes for the earliest line up of Roxy Music. She was the 'design supervisor' for Eno's Here Come the Warm Jets album after his departure from Roxy Music, as well as his partner for many years. It was in Birmingham that she began her creative training and career in the 1960s, including a stint in the wardrobe department of the Rep theatre. After further studies in Leeds and the Royal College of Art, she focussed on ceramics, forming part of a new wave of adventurous British potters. She has exhibited extensively and her work appears in museum collections around the world, including BM&G and the V&A.

For this special Re:Sleeves event Carol will present highlights, epiphanies, memories and images from her long and successful career. The event will conclude with Carol taking questions from the audience.

Re:Sleeves is an occasional podcast hosted by Ben Waddington, looking at the visual elements accompanying music as it has been presented to audiences over the years. The podcasts appear at www.futurilla.com/radio

post-66107-0-44181900-1422116536_thumb.jpg

post-66107-0-44181900-1422116536_thumb.jpg

Archived