Lee Kang-Hyo: Making Giant Jars

Hello,

I wanted to share with you this awesome video of the Korean potter Lee Kang-Hyo:  video (I don't know how to add it directly to the forum, sorry)

It's 35 minutes long but totally worth it. There is a very interesting moment in the middle where he talks about how he started owndering if he had become a slave of ceramics and how he needed to step back and think about his goals.
Also, the last 10 minutes are absolutely amazing: he decorates a huge jar with slips, litterally dancing around it and the energy of that moment is very inspiring. If you don't have time to watch the full video, I recommend that at least you watch this last bit :)

Hello,

I wanted to share with you this awesome video of the Korean potter Lee Kang-Hyo:  video (I don't know how to add it directly to the forum, sorry)

It's 35 minutes long but totally worth it. There is a very interesting moment in the middle where he talks about how he started owndering if he had become a slave of ceramics and how he needed to step back and think about his goals.

Also, the last 10 minutes are absolutely amazing: he decorates a huge jar with slips, litterally dancing around it and the energy of that moment is very inspiring. If you don't have time to watch the full video, I recommend that at least you watch this last bit :)

Wow! That was great! Thank-you.

TJR.

Amazing! Benefits of having your own studio - you can do that dance at the beginning before you begin to throw :) I have been tempted to do the victory dance after picking up a successful pot after glaze firing..or when I've achieved something new on the wheel. Would definitely attract some interesting looks at the community studio!

I love the goldmark videos..I've spent many hours browsing through their pottery videos...

Archived