Request For John Baymore's Throwing Exercises.

Guest JBaymore

Hi folks.

Sorry I have not been around. 

In well less than the last month I've just........ made and installed a solo exhibition....... presented a 3 day pre-NCECA workshop.......  attended and presented a lecture at NCECA....... attended my last Potters Council Board meeting....... filled out paperwork for taking students to China in October....... wrote students letters of recommendation for grad school.......  and was in charge of the 3 full days loading and 4 day firing of the college's anagama (was at the kiln site from 8 AM til 12 PM every day).

Yesterday.... I slept.

If you want the throwing handout...... PM me your email address

It will be a while before I get a chance to send them all out.  I already have about 30 requests stacked up in my personal email and PMs here.

We are in the last 3 weeks of the semester now... so very busy with that too.

best,

.......................john

I tried to upload it here, for others, as a Word doc, just the other day, but the file attachment msg. said I could not attach the file type.  They are diabolical exercises anyway...all that work....all that discipline....all that practice....all that patience!!!!   And one handed, blind-folded...that ain't happenin'. Sounds as bad as apprenticing in Miyama, near as I can tell. Or even just reading about that journey (The Road Through Miyama/Leila Philip)....haven't finished it yet and I am actually trying to....it is agonizingly slow-going for one who is so willfully limited in discipline and patience!   ;) 

Of course, I do acknowledge and respect the fact that "...there is no easier, softer way." 

Archived