Request For John Baymore's Throwing Exercises.

Guest JBaymore

Not a problem.

PM me your email addresses... I've sent out four or five copies in the past three days already ;) .

best,

...................john

Guest JBaymore

I'll keep up with this as I can.  Thanks again for the interest.  Yes... I'm getting a lot of requests.

PM me your email address HERE....... I'm getting a ton of messages for these from my website message generator. 

And you REALLY do not want to post your email address in an open forum thread....... unless you want a TON of letters from the Nigerian Princes offering to deposit $10,000,000 in your bank account.

best,

.....................john

Guest JBaymore

Thanks for the kind words there Clay Lover.  Nope....... sending them out as email Microsoft Word .docx format (latest version) files.  I could not afford to snail mail them in either labor or postage :blink: . 

I sent out about 100 copies in only the last two days. Wow .   I am currently "up to date" on the requests (I think).  If you asked for a copy prior to 1/22/2015 at about 10:15 AM (Eastern US Time).... and don't have it...... PM me again.

It is easiest for me to keep track of if you PM me HERE giving your email address.  Please don't just post an email in the message thread!

best,

.......................john

Guest JBaymore

So the last time I sent these out when people were asking (maybe 6 months ago) I posted a CAVEAT here in the forum explaining a bit about them.  I'll say some of that stuff again here:

These exercises and the specific PROGRESSION are only a part of an effective course in developing someone's throwing skills.  These are used in conjunction with the hands-on instruction and demos I give in the classroom.  They are only a small part of what actually goes on.  They are used starting in low intermediate and continued into the more advanced throwing courses.... not a "first timer" kind of listing.

A significant additional component of my throwing classes encompasses ergonomics and biomechanics; using what your particular body has to offer effectively (I have some high level sports education training and credentials... ---former PSIA Ed. Staff member-- .........and the same concepts of using the body effectively apply).  Throwing is not about "brute strength" or "beating the clay into submission".  It is a dance.....with two partners.

These exercises are also not a "use and forget" set of exercises.  They are intended to be done for a LONG time.  Like maybe dusted off and done again pretty much forever.  Keeping the skills (and mind) sharp.

They have nothing in particular to do with AESTEHTICS.  They are about basically pure mechanical skill development.  The goal is to be able to throw well first..... so that the question is not CAN you make something.... but what do you want to make.

They are cumulative exercises.  Spend a LOT of time on #1 before you try to jump to #2.

They require time and discipline.  Many HOURS of practice work... and NO keeping of the physical results of the throwing activities (except as noted in the listing).  They are about skill development... not making pots.

best,

.......................john

• 2 months later...

John,

I started your throwing exercises last year. I didn't make it through very many but what I did cover made a huge improvement in my skills. I have about 400 lbs. Of clay to recycle. I also use the method when trying to learn a new form. I just want to say thank you for being so generous with your time.

I, too, would like a copy of your throwing exercises. Thank you very much.

You have to send a PM (Private Message) to John, and tell him your e-mail address, if you want to ask him if he would send you a copy.

Archived