Does Your Body Clock Have A 'creativity' And 'productivity' Setting?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm more of an afternoon - early evening person. I rarely eat breakfast, except for some coffee. Im ready to go right after lunch which can be a different time each day due a varied work schedule. I always seem to do my best at this time whether its pottery, working out or any other project.

- Paul R.

Morning person..a perfect day.. up at 7:00am coffee and putter around the house laundry and other exciting stuff.  Studio by 9:00 am. Most likely to be in the "zone" between 9:00am  and 2:00pm.  Avoid starting anything new after 4:00 pm but could keep on working on mindless stuff like waxing the bottom of pots. I work in the studio most every day but as I am a retired art teacher and not a production potter, if the "zone" doesn't happen that day I will just quit early. Basketball is big in our family and my throwing skill on the wheel is very much like a the skill of shooting a basket. Throwing on the wheel is a physical skill. Practice and experience always makes you better but,,,,, Sometimes your Hot and sometimes your Not.  

night owl here.  the problem i have most is finding time when the temperature in the studio here is warm enough.  this year has been cold here in the tampa area.  my studio is a metal shed and even with insulation, it is cold.  the reason i come to florida for the winter is that i am allergic to cold.  not a joke, an actual allergy that causes sneezing, sniffling, and misery if i just put my bare arm on a hard surface for a minute or two.  wool sweaters are an absolute must unless it is at least 75 degrees.  it is in the 40s tonight and i am going to be stuck inside again.  i know lots of you are in temps below zero but i bet you have heat somewhere nearby.  

Archived