Community Challenge Idea

high bridge, with help i have posted several pictures over the years.  one thing i noticed is that there is apparently a lifetime limit of pictures each person can post.  will this up your total beyond that or am i missing something?  (probably!)

and posting guinea's beautiful pots was the perfect thing to show.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I'm in too but a slow worker (and slow thinker) so what is the first theme, how long do we have to do it?  What a fun idea for the new year.

First challenge will be posted on 1st of Feb and you will have three months to develop your piece and submit it to the entries thread.

high bridge, with help i have posted several pictures over the years.  one thing i noticed is that there is apparently a lifetime limit of pictures each person can post.  will this up your total beyond that or am i missing something?  (probably!)

and posting guinea's beautiful pots was the perfect thing to show.

When you attach an image that image gets stored in your 'my media'. Imagine this as your own personal USB stick that CAD are storing for you.

The results thread will have a note for the forum that says 'look at this url for the image you want to display'. That url will be a link to the location of your image on that USB stick but not a duplication of the image. It is like looking at a picture in a mirror, it is not the physical thing but you can still see it.

You can do this yourself by clicking the 'my media' button at the top of the post editor and link old images to new posts without reuploading. This is what I am going to do in a round about way without everybody having to go in and repost their images for the results thread.

There is not a lifetime number of images you can post but finite space on your USB stick stored on the CAD servers. Once you fill that up you have to delete old attachments to free up new space to use. As long as you don't delete the uploaded challenge entry then everything should stick around indefinitely.

Archived