Happy Holidays To All

post-63409-0-00112200-1419462749_thumb.jpg

CLICK and enjoy my favorite HO HO HO.  

And thanks for welcoming me into the club.  This forum is invaluable, and I am not even working at anything yet  The kiln is now supposed to be installed by early January, as they are just now winterizing the back porch on which it will sit. And the studio (inside my trailer, being the wheel set up, sink, etc.) is to be finished at the same time. (The target was September, as I recall LOL). Am I the queen of patience?? NO...I am beyond gritting my teeth in frustration! 

The good news is all the delays have resulted in a decision to switch from a small space (a 10' x 1 0' bedroom) to a bigger space (12' x 14'), the master bedroom. There's just me here, so it's just fine for me to move to the little room, and well worth the trade to for the ability to twirl in a circle in my own studio.  

In the meantime, I am reading On the Road Through Miyama (thanks, John B).  Am also enjoying the excellent "how-to" books of two creative experts on the Potters Council (Mills & Branfman) and trolling the Internet to find images of work to post to my Pinterest series of "Clay"  boards.  http://www.pinterest.com/LeeUstinich/ Hey-if you want something of yours posted, just send the pic to me with the name for credit. If you also have a photo of yourself, I will put it in Clay People. 

Glad to be here, ready to enjoy the New Year, and glad for all who participate in this great energy exchange.  

post-63409-0-00112200-1419462749_thumb.jpg

Happy Holidays, went out for Chinese for Christmas dinner and settled in with my John Britt's Mid Range Glazes book that I found under the tree.  This forum keeps me connected with other potters in my solitaire obsession, so I am thankful that your out there.   Denice

Archived