Any Experience With Glaze Eraser?

Yes

I think running all your wares over a potters wheel after a glaze fire is to time consuming.

I like and use the glaze hand eraser which is the same product in a hand form-I have two of them-great for rubbing pot bottoms and all trouble glaze areas like a stray pit.

http://glazeeraser.publishpath.com/glazeeraser-hand-tool

I feel its a must have in my tool box.

Mark

By "

The wheel version seems way overpriced!  Even the hand held one is more than I want to spend.  I get the industrial hand held diamond pads for smoothing and they work great.  It looks to me like the glaze-eraser pads are just an expensive version of those.

Do you mean the circular pads for use with a hand-held drill?  

post-5826-0-76371100-1419433704_thumb.jpg

No, they are hand held sanding pads, like the old style black board erasers.  Just google diamond sanding pad, many different companies sell them for various purposes like sanding granite, concrete, etc.

I have the impression that anything that is manufactured and sold specifically for potters is much higher priced, probably because of the narrow customer base.

We use both the diamond pads for the final clean-up to make the bottom nice and smooth and the Glaze Eraser for the big drips. My reaction was at first not very good because it really does not do any cleanup on porcelain (too hard) but I must say it actually makes very quick work on large glaze drips.

Since any needed cleanup on the porcelain should have been already done on the bisque piece prior to glazing it really isn't fair to blame the disk for that and sand paper is just fine on the bisque pieces.

Seemed worth it to me as it last for a long time and being on the wheel head makes it easier to control than a hand grinder is and if you mess it up at that point the piece is pretty much trashed. 

Archived