What would be the one present you would wish upon yourself for Xmas?

After PEACE on this planet, I'd wish for an uninterrupted week in the pottery shed , meal cooked of an evening and prob towards the end of the week a masseuse available for a couple of hours..

Thhink I'll print this and put it somewhere obvious!

Subtley, does that have that e?

Babs

Yes subtle but as an adverb, so subtle y??, as in a subtle fashion, like slipping my dream for Xmas onto the dinnerplate of a person I know...

Or is the whole thing, subtle, not in your vocab?? :D  I must admit it is a waste of time quite often!

Sledge hammerly,

Babs

The end of the factory farming industry and scrapping of AG GAG laws.

Never gonna happen, BUT... :D

Rent money would be great...

Or a new back.

Or a VL Shimpo Whisper. :D

Or anything guinea pig.

...or an hour with mi Abuelita, whom I lost eleven years ago... :'( My family never gets together for xmas anymore. She was that loving magnet that drew us together during the holidays. I had the best grandma in the whole wide world.

Subtley, does that have that e?

Babs

No, it's subtly, (or possibly subtlety or subtle, depending on what you wanted to say). :)

For Xmas this year I shall try and get my wife out of hospital and home for the day, (it's nothing life threatening),  she managed to contract Shingles which has had a pretty devastating effect when combined with her MS,   she is only in there for regular physio and therapy, none of which are scheduled for Xmas day.

I'd also like to find the time to continue with a little pottery project: I'm halfway through constructing a motorised turntable for glaze spraying.

I have to say that personal needs are met and my husband had good news from the rheumatologist yesterday. His scleraderma has not returned after 5 years and chances of it returning are 10,000/1. SO I am very thankful for that. It can cause a most painful death if it advances internally to the organs.He still has other issues but nothing as scary as that.

On a greater scope, I hope we can solve our wars, ecological balance for the future, provide healthy food for the masses, and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us.

May all your various holidays be good.

Marcia

I have to say that personal needs are met and my husband had good news from the rheumatologist yesterday. His scleraderma has not returned after 5 years and chances of it returning are 10,000/1. SO I am very thankful for that. It can cause a most painful death if it advances internally to the organs.He still has other issues but nothing as scary as that.

On a greater scope, I hope we can solve our wars, ecological balance for the future, provide healthy food for the masses, and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us.

May all your various holidays be good.

Marcia

Marcia,

I offer you and your husband congrats! I have been fighting scleraderma for the last 3 years, I know how awful that disease is. I can finally put my arms above my head again after tons of PT, and drug trial experimentation. I too am hoping in a few more years I will be cured of mine as well. Super awesome! Great work!

My xmas wants: I like some to come over a help me...someone tall with a ladder...help me get the stuff out of my father garage rafters, and help me demolish a counter top and remove some wood and shelves so i can pressure wash the whole garage and begin to turn it into a studio. If they have any knowledge of running wires for lights and plugs it would be a fabulous plus...its already wired for the kiln.

:)

Usual big picture things.......world peace, good health, no guns etc, etc

Personally.......a studio in my rented home as big and as well out fitted as the studio I keep 20kms away......after 3 years of driving the route I'm getting a bit crazy with it........ even though the studio is set in a beautiful riverside park, Sydney traffic stinks!

Irene

Archived