How To Change Pacifica Glyde Torc Belts

Flora

I don't know the specifics of the parts on that wheel, but typically you put the belt onto the small drive pulley on the motor, then get it as tight as you can on one side of the large wheel, and walk it around as you rotate the large wheel. I've never seen one where you can just slip it on.

Thanks, Neil.  I'm beginning to think that this might be a very old wheel.  The shaft that runs up to the wheel head, has a collar on it.  This collar has a rubber/silicone washer inside it and fits more than tight.  The collar is attached to two metal strips which runs across the flywheel to the frame and these 2 strips are welded in place, so there is no way possible to slip the belts over/under/across/while standing on one's head, or any other position possible.  I have put out a call to the community (Powell River, BC) to find someone who has a pulley jack (???) which I recall my father using years ago.  Hopefully someone will know how to assist.  Thankfully, these belts last an exceedingly long time, and once put back together, I will leave instructions for the next caretaker.

Thank you for your response.

Flora

I also do not think you will need a pully puller-just call Laguna Clay company as they are the owners and makers of those wheels now. They can walk you thru it. Also put your wheel on end to work on it -not under like a car.

New belt should go on easy no matter how old it is..

Mark

I'd love to send a pic, but I can't figure out how to do it.  I've tried cut and paste but that didn't work.  I've saved it to Google under ....Pacifica belt difficulty

After more surfing, I find "administrators" have to approve pictures ?? 

I just put new belts on my Bailey. The axle and motor mount can be loosened to put the 4 belts on the grooved drive wheel and then around the big fly wheel. Then tighten the belts by adjusting the tension on the motor mount by moving the bolts to make the belts tighter..Alt least that's how the bailey was adjustable. Then put the belt guard back over the belts and fly wheel.

Marcia

Archived