What Was Your Greatest Leap Forward This Year?

RETIRING. The import of that, if adequately described, would entail way TMI. Suffice it to say that the ability to keep on truckin' AND to do so with clay-as-vehicle, constitutes no so much a big leap as a  turbo-powered trajectory from one state of being, that was not so desirable, to another state of being, which is highly desirable. 

Oh so many.

Selling and making decent money at a show.

Practicing cylinders, zen practice....

More understanding an better wood fired, making new wood fired fans, ANGAMA firing

Teaching a class, imparting knowledge, having a student center pull a good cylinder...having more than one student do the same.... I felt like a proud parent

Pugmill.....has released me from the potters law of conservation. (Firing/ keeping) mediocre pots. And making amazing clay bodies.

Drinking lots of tea... Starting to understand tea...

the decision to change what i make from things that sell to things i REALLY WANT TO MAKE.  just met the commercially made paperclay my friend Jan Richardson is using.  what a lot of fun can be had with something as forgiving as paperclay.  the next coral reef you see may be made with it.  WOOHOO!!

congrats, Mea!!  that is a H U G E step upward!

(for any of you who have never been to the show, picture an elegant interior of a classic building with lots of people dressed in the most expensive and probably handmade clothing, wearing the finest handmade gold jewelry, speaking of only the finest settings for your work and having tons of money to buy anything they want without having to count what is in the bank first.)

Archived