scstroh

American Beauty Glazes

Can anyone suggest a source for American Beauty Glazes? I know they were discontinued some years ago, but when you can find them, the colors are great. I'm especially looking for shades of blue. Any ideas besides eBay?

Many thanks!

WELL LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND! :) ♥

They are rated 06-05. Content as followed:

Autumn green: 1/3 full

Foliage green satin: 3/4 full

Glacier green: 80% full

Aqua satin: 2/3 full

Canyon glo: 1/3 full

I would totally sell these to you for like $40 plus shipping. Problem is that it is colder than a penguin's big toe up here in Washington state and these bottles WILL FREEZE and are made of glass! :( Crapppp... well, stinker.

post-63665-0-09827600-1416707793_thumb.jpg

post-63665-0-09827600-1416707793_thumb.jpg

Thanks for responding! I have Holly Green, Bamboo, and Bean Pot Brown, all great colors and which I got on eBay. I'm looking for just blues at the moment. I live in California, so shipping to here from WA shouldn't be a problem should you happen to come across some blues.... :)

Hello! I got my hands on hundreds of jars of American Beauty glaze for my creative arts clinic. I wanted to know if there is a color chart or book that has the colors. Otherwise I would need to fire hundreds of pieces with the name of the glaze on it, which is tedious work.

Unfortunately, that may be the best thing for you to do. My google-fu came up with a bunch of makeup palettes and a bad 90’s movie. 

If you’ve got that many glazes, it might be easiest to put multiple glazes on one large flat tile, maybe doing them in batches of 10. This will give you the best results for the clay you’re using in any case.