Everything In This Photo Sold At 1 Day Festival... Why?

I was just reviewing what I sold this past Saturday at a one day festival. I took this photo just before the festival and used it as one of my images to apply to another festival. Everything in this photo sold. I don't normally use bright colors like this, orange especially but was feeling kind of "fall" and made the leaves then decided to make the bowl to display the leaves had extra clay so made the spoon rests and mini dishes, etc etc. Next thing I knew I had enough to create a grouping and titled this line of work, "Falling Brightly".

I wonder if buyers were also attracted to the fall colors and that's why everything sold from this one line of work? I sold other stuff, a lot of other stuff but this line was obliterated. This got me wondering, do you focus the colors you use on your pots to the season?

Terry

post-22921-0-56608000-1412200896_thumb.jpg

post-22921-0-56608000-1412200896_thumb.jpg

Its all fall colors.

I glaze colors as to where I'm taking them more than seasons

Desert pots heavy on desert colors Pacific Northwest another color scheme.

Costal or local-you learn this over time.

Your pots have fall and Halloween written all over them-hence they are now gone.

Mark

Babs - I use mostly different colors of hemp, but also use leather and suede. Currently I am working on perfecting my own beads to use for the closure so I can stop using commercial ones. I'm attaching a picture of some of the bracelets for those wondering and haven't been to my gallery.

post-22921-0-56209300-1412215826_thumb.jpg

all of them are great.  of course you sold them all, the public isn't going to miss that they are special and now.

bracelets are a new thing to me, i don't wear or make jewelry but if i did...................................  for only $10, yeah!

Oldlady - Yep at $10 bucks there isn't much risk for the buyer. For me it's just scraps and fun testing different glazes and textures that I can then make $ on so its a win win. I sell a lot to teenagers who always look so bored at the festival until they see the bracelet stands. At that price they buy and surprisingly their mothers buy as well to wear with jeans and casual stuff. The older women were the surprise buyers for me but hey I'm not complaining!

Terry

Archived