Amazon Local-New Credit Card Processor-Low Rates

This is a new service for the Large retailer .Its called Amazon Local

They are offering a new card reader for smart phones for 10$ which comes off your 1st 10$ in fees. The intro rate is 1.5%for this year thru 2016 then goes to a 2.5% beating the square up by 1/4%.The intro rate only applies if you sign up before Oct. 31st.

I sent away for the reader via Amazon last week and am going to try this soon.

I'll report back

I have been very happy with the square so this needs to work well to switch-the reader is a better design except it does not fit my mofie.

Mark

They have customer support-I spoke with them today

they have a few bugs to work out as well I found out.

The thing with the square is most of the public is familiar with it already.

I'm very interested in seeing how well Amazon Local Register works. We are looking to purchase a point of sale system for our gallery. We have almost decided to get the Square system, with the card reader, cash drawer and receipt printer. But there seem to be so many complaints about Square holding money, no customer service, etc. that I have not made the purchase yet. I have used the Square reader on my tablet for a couple of years with no problems, but this would be a retail store situation with charges every day. Does anyone have a good or bad experience with a point of sale system for a retail situation to share?

Amazon definitely has an advantage in offering live phone support. I emailed them this evening asking if/when they are going to launch in Canada and got a real person response within an hour. Not the response I wanted (no plans yet) but I'm impressed with their reply time. Amazon versus Square, let the competition begin. 

I'm going to use it at my next show the 1st weekend in Oct.-its all set up. If it not as easy as the square I'll switch in a nano second.

Mark

I had to fax my business bank statement in to set up my deal with bank transfers.

Personal acount sgo smoother I'm told.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran the Amazon Local on my smart phone last weekend at my out of state show-put in over 105 charges thru it so I had a solid chance to get a feel for it.This show was less than than 1/2 card more cash but I still got enough card use to test it.

I liked the software-as you can add to a sale and then put it to a cart before the charge goes thru which is good as folks add things at the end.

The software has many good points and is very solid.More easy to use than the oversimplified square.

My only two complaints are it does not fit my case with a mophie charger attached so I had to use my bare phone with regualr battery which works fine.

The other is when thay sign the phone its very easy to hit the accept key and it moves thru transaction without them finishing signing.

No big deal really-for the 1.5% this month thru 2015 its a good deal.

The setup is easy if you run your business thru a personal checking account which I do not-for business accounts you have to scan or fax them a statement.

It took a few hours for the approval-after thats its all very easy. 

I do like the fact that you can set up the daily deposit schedule to whatever hours you prefer-the square has starnge cut off hours near and on weekends-this you can customize.

Now after a 1,900 mile drive I'm back at the wheel with fall orders and x-mas stock-the fun never stops.

I will add I did pick up some live lobsters and home grown avocadoes and organes from friends in Santa Barbara ob way home.

Mark

Thanks for the feedback Mark! It sounds like Amazon has done a good job developing this.

Couple of questions .... does the Amazon service have a store+forward option? I am more interested in that feature now, given that I had no internet service for a few hours at last weekend's show. Also, did you find the swiper to be sturdy and reliable? Like did you need to swipe repeatedly in order to read a card?

Well regardless of these answers, I think I will sign up this month, to take advantage of the introductory rate for 2015.

Thanks for the feedback Mark! It sounds like Amazon has done a good job developing this.

Couple of questions .... does the Amazon service have a store+forward option? I am more interested in that feature now, given that I had no internet service for a few hours at last weekend's show. Also, did you find the swiper to be sturdy and reliable? Like did you need to swipe repeatedly in order to read a card?

Well regardless of these answers, I think I will sign up this month, to take advantage of the introductory rate for 2015.

I do not think so for store forward-as its all dependent on the phone signal

as to the the swiper it worked great 1st time always

You could call them on the store forward question-let me know if its a yes

customer support-877-345-0975

mark

Archived