#21 oldlady

oldlady

single firing an electric kiln to cone 6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts
  • Locationharpers ferry west va and pinellas park fl

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

unfortunately, there are no kids in my neighborhood.  i have many neighbors who are only here on the weekends and do not want to waste their few hours here showing some old lady how to post pictures.  

what is this Gimp thing?  do i enter the name Gimp in the url line and follow instructions?  maybe after the sale on mothers day.  have many, many pots to glaze and fire before next friday.

"putting you down does not raise me up."

#22 Mark C.

Mark C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata Ca-redwood rain forest

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:53 AM

This is from the FAQ page

How do I attach an image?

First, you might need to resize your image. The maximum files size for each post on this forum is 500kb. In Photoshop (or similar program) make sure your image is RGB, 72dpi, and we recommend under 600 pixels wide. Then go to File > Save for Web & Devices. You should see 4 versions of the image at differing levels of quality and file sizes. Choose the smallest file size possible without compromising your image quality. Then click Save.

After you have your image resized, go to the bottom of your post and click More Reply Options, then to Attach Files at the bottom of the page. Click Choose File button. Navigate to your photo on your computer. Choose the file and click the Attach This File button. You will see a small thumbnail of your image on the left and an Add to Post button on your right. Click the Add to Post button. 

Mark

Mark Cortright
www.liscomhillpottery.com

#23 oldlady

oldlady

single firing an electric kiln to cone 6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts
  • Locationharpers ferry west va and pinellas park fl

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

really and truly i've got that.  it is before posting to cad that i have a problem.  resizing after finding the picture is the problem!  finding the picture i want is the problem.  having pictures somewhere  where is the best place to put them and how do i do it is the problem.  it is the basic adding of pictures to the computer that is the problem.

it is the assumption that i already solved these problems and just want to know how to put them here that is the problem.  i really appreciate everyone who has tried to explain it to me.  if i could print out the instructions you send so i would have them to look at while following them, maybe it would work.  i am not really stupid, it is just so damn complicated to hear allthisstuffatonceand try to do it.

i will hire a student at the college in Shepherdstown after may 11.  all will be well.  you may be sorry you have unleashed the picture poster in me. B)

"putting you down does not raise me up."

#24 Pres

Pres

Retired Art Teacher

• Moderators
  • 2,435 posts
  • LocationCentral, PA

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:50 AM

Link to Gimp download

http://www.gimp.us.c...impus_USA_Exact

Organizing pictures-Tough, but can be made simpler if. I put all of the pictures I use for business in the Pictures sub section. First I RT click on the opened pictures folder where there is no folder-from the menu that pops down, I select "new", from the new list select folder. A new folder will appear, unnamed. Name this folder -say "Online Pics, or Forum Pics. Then whenever you download pics from you camera, or other drive, make certain they go into the new folder. When you have done that, take some time to name each pic, so that you don't have to search through numbers to find an image. Get used to doing this, and you will soon get the hang of it.

Renaming a pic is easy if you don't know how. Rt click again on the image you want to rename, towards the bottom of the pop up list is rename, select it, and rename the photo.

Hope this helps. . . a bit.

Simply retired teacher, not dead, living the dream. on and on and. . . . on. . . . http://picworkspottery.blogspot.com/

#25 Mark C.

Mark C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata Ca-redwood rain forest

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:36 AM

If you have any mac device-iphone ipad or icomputer-you can send yourself your photo (via e-mail) and you will have 3 choices in size-pick small and thats all you would have to do.Once you have it in a email drag it to desktop and then you add it to  CAD post.

Mark

Mark Cortright
www.liscomhillpottery.com

#26 High Bridge Pottery

High Bridge Pottery

Joel Edmondson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon Tyne. England

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:37 AM

I can understand your pain old lady. There are many ways to do one task that it can get so confusing.

Community Challenge #2   :o  http://community.cer...ty-challenge-2/

Submit your community challenge ideas - http://community.cer...hallenge-ideas/

My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube....BTjvT7cEV8MKcaA

My Facebook page - https://www.facebook...ghbridgepottery

#27 rayaldridge

rayaldridge

Once and future potter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationNW Florida and the North Country of New York

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

Did you get a cable with your camera?  As I say, I'm a Linux guy, so my operating system came with a bunch of free software.  When I plug my camera into a USB cable, plug the other end into a USB slot on my computer, and turn the camera on, a dialog automatically pops up and asks me if I want to download the images in the camera. 

For Windows, there should have been a CD packaged with your camera that installs similar software on your machine.  Once installed, you should get the same sort of dialog box when you plug in your camera and turn it on.  Also, some computers will have a slot into which you can stick the removable memory card from your camera, and the card will show up as a drive, with files that can be copied to a folder on your machine.

On my machine, the software automatically saves the images to folders based on the date you're downloading them to the computer.

I might still be confused as to the problem.  I wish I were in your part of Florida-- I could probably get you set up in no time, despite not being a kid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users