Question About Walker Mixer/pugger

Quick question about the walker pugger.  I picked one up on the cheap and figured it had a reversing function to switch between mixing ang pugging.  The motor connection diagram indicates it is a reversing motor but it's not wired that way.

I know they can be dangerous so don't need any background on that, just want to know if they normally reverse or was that an option.

Thanks in advance,

The Fugal Potter

I had one at the college where I taught. they are real work horses. never went in reverse. I always premixed in a big Rubbermaid garbage can. I also had slop to add. I think is was two handfuls of slop to three of dry mix or the other way around. Don't overload the hopper or it slows down. just keep the mix at the feeding end of the hopper and keeping rhythmically feeding and the auger takes it away. It can run pretty fast that way.

marcia

There was a reversing switch on the side of the unit. This was just a simple toggle switch that was back where the key fit in the box. Some people removed the key unit on the machine, by passing that safety. This removed the switch position. I really would try to rewire the unit for the reverse, as it is really helpful for cleaning the unit out, for mixing the clay when it is a rough mix of scraps, powder and sludge, and for removing any objects that might have fallen in or gotten in by accident or on purpose. Takes the pressure of the object makes it easier to remove when the motor is then turned off and unplugged.

PS... . really jealous of you having one, as I really miss the one we had in the HS. As Marcia says, a real work horse.

I have one, and used it just yesterday.  Pres is right, that the reverse toggle is in the box with the key.  I suppose if people wanted to remove the key they would remove the reverse as well.  The key is really sticky, but a simple internal toggle, not sure why someone would remove it.

You have to run it reverse or mixing mode, so I would suggest rewiring that back in.

Archived