• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Idasameri

Idasameri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hi! I am looking for someone who is good at recreating a piece of art in ceramic. If you know anyone please message me! 

Thanks! :)

#2 Babs

Babs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

Sounds like copying! Not many artists will do this. Did you create the original piece??

#3 schmism

schmism

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationPeoria IL

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

I read the request as,  "i would like an artist to produce there version of van Gogh "Starry night" on a tile for the back splash of my bathroom"   Which would sound like a fairly typical commission to me.

You might mention what area you are in, and what your looking for. 

#4 Benzine

Benzine

Socratic Potter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  • LocationThe Hawkeye State

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

That's how I read it too schmism.

"Anything worth believing, is worth questioning"

#5 Babs

Babs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

Yeh, you guys are probably right, just in  a sceptical mood here. However  a painter has to acknowledge or get permission to use a photograph by another artist.. Open slather I guess. i wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.

#6 BeckyH

BeckyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:15 AM

Perhaps the poster had an accident with a piece of sentimental value, and would like a replacement.

#7 Idasameri

Idasameri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hi! thanks for your responses! We are opening up a Spanish restaurant in Houston Texas and the art I want is from Spain and I was hoping someone could make 15 of each one.They are little statues (dont know how to attach the pictures) or if you knew someone who could do it. Doesn't have to be the exact copy but similar if possible.

#8 Benzine

Benzine

Socratic Potter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  • LocationThe Hawkeye State

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

Some artists may not want to take the commission, if you want an exact recreation.  They may see it as "copying".  So you could just ask, that they create the art works in a similar "style".  Styles are borrowed all the time by artist.  If they weren't we wouldn't still have Cubists and Impressionists making paintings.  

"Anything worth believing, is worth questioning"

#9 flowerdry

flowerdry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

I would ask the local community art studio if I could put up a notice explaining briefly what I was looking for.  Good Luck.

Doris Hackworth

"Promoting the joy of handmade pottery"

#10 Stephen

Stephen

novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

If you go to Google maps and type 'pottery cityname, state' you will get a map with all of the potteries listed. You might consider going to the copy of this question in the other category and deleting that one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users