What Is The Most Unconventional Item You Have Ever Used To Decorate Or Create A Piece Of Clay Art?

Well not my doing but just had to share!

A friend new to clay wanted to reconstitute quickly  a bag of dry clay bought long time ago.

She used her Thermomix!!!!

may have other names in different places so it is a bench gadget which mixes, stirs, beats cooks and prob lots more to boot.  May even serve it onto a plate..The price goes with the sophistication and heavy duty motor!

Worked a treat.

I persuaded her not to do this again dust etc in my mind. She assures me that the lid is so tight fitting, that dust isn't a prob. and she does wash it out carefully!!! ;-DDDD beats cooking with it in my eyes , she aspires only to do beads, little birds etc

Babs I looked up Theroux and she will kill it if she keeps this up with clay. Clay in the roomier= dead theromixier

Same result with meat grinder used for clay mixing= dead meat grinder

I.m waiting for someone to use the dishwasher to sort out their garden clay from dirt

I have a guess on the outcome

Banksia species, yes there are a few seed pods in my shed. the seeds open and fall to the ground but do not germinate til after a bush fire when there is a rich deposit for the emerging seedlings. Lots of really interesting plants here.

Yeh I don't think the thermomix will last but I cant see the point of having such a machine in the kitchen, says the lady with the woodfire stove for cooking, heating and hot water. Summers just drop the insulating pads onto the plate and there is little radiant heat

Archived