Photo

Critique My Work - Anyone? - Round 2 Mugs!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 RiaV

RiaV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

Benzine, those gasps would definitely be me :) I guess it's all part of the learning process. I have cut through a few pieces but most of them have been the ones which are already heading downhill.

#42 Mark C.

Mark C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata Ca-redwood rain forest

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:29 PM

I suggest a larger diameter foot and more defined on your bowl.Thats the pnly image I viewed.
I worked for 1 year on my mentees pottery feet until she owned her own foot style.
This process takes time and lots of work.
The net is a poor place I feel for Critique
But you asked for it.
Mark
Mark Cortright
www.liscomhillpottery.com

#43 grype

grype

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:33 PM

Mark,

Thanks for your advice, and I don't mind the critique one bit. I have already improved my bowls significantly since the original post. I should post some pictures of my recent work in bowls sometime.

I appreciate your time sir. I know everyone is busy this time of the year.

#44 grype

grype

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

Quick update: http://s1183.photobu...ound of reviews

This is the only mug I fired in my most recent firing. I just had some other stuff sitting around I wanted to get finished, but I tried to take everyone's critique into mind when I put on this handle. Much thinner, the handle thins from the top to the bottom, it made it closer into the mug, but also plenty of room for 2-3 fingers depending on size of hands. I personally think the handle fits the mug pretty well.

Thanks for all your help. 

#45 RiaV

RiaV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:39 PM

That looks beautiful! I like the tapering of the handle and the fact that you left it white. I sometimes forget that the clay body is beautiful on its own. I put a vase on the glaze shelf this week which has a portion on the outside that is intentionally left unglazed. Fingers crossed that the result is at least in some way similar to how I've imagined it!

#46 grype

grype

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

Thanks! And good luck with the vase!

#47 grype

grype

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

Some practice adding handles of various shapes and sizes to different shapes today. Also two bowls.. I still love making bowls so very much. 

I thank you all for your critiques. I feel like my mugs handles are getting closer and closer to what I want them to look like.

WP_20141215_003_zpsb849cfe7.jpg...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users