Photo

Aesthetically Pleasing Garments For Clay Workers.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Benzine

Benzine

Socratic Potter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • LocationThe Hawkeye State

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

I generally don't use anything at home, unless I am not use a splash pan. In that case, I'll use a towel in my lap.
I do need to get some more aprons for my classroom though. The students dress up, especially the athletes on game days, and they like to stay, understandably, clean.
"Anything worth believing, is worth questioning"

#22 Babs

Babs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

Now there is another adaptation ued by many a teacher of going to the opportunity shops, buying a stash of old men's shirts, not old men..., anyway you wear them back to front even can put elastic on the cuffs, may have to get triple xxx jobbies for your athletes!

Or Babs slyle slit the a garbage bag along the bottom,then up a side to just under the tie section pull it on , split to back and tie around the waist or neck, need two extra slits here!! and depending on the student as to how tight you tie it around the neck!!

#23 bciskepottery

bciskepottery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

Am surprised (then again, maybe not) that no one has suggested the Paul Soldner approach . . . pot nekkid/naked. Don't have to worry about clay on clothes, don't have to sacrifice blue jeans; just hose off in the garden after your throwing session and before entering the house.

#24 Babs

Babs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

Am surprised (then again, maybe not) that no one has suggested the Paul Soldner approach . . . pot nekkid/naked. Don't have to worry about clay on clothes, don't have to sacrifice blue jeans; just hose off in the garden after your throwing session and before entering the house.

Some of us have a mirror placed opposite to where we sit at the wheel, no further explantion needed!

#25 Idaho Potter

Idaho Potter

Learning all the time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

Thrift stores frequently have sweats for sale cheap.  I've bought a couple pairs and altered them slightly.  Waist band intact, cut off back side (butt & legs EXCEPT a two inch strip for behind the knee, and the cuff or elastic at the ankle).  These fit well over jeans, shorts (indoor or outdoor) or anything else you wear (or not).  Let them dry and next time you throw take them outside and scrunch up the thick clay areas and start throwing.

Shirley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users