Love this forum. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to provide your insight. I would very much appreciate your professional opinions on the following for my basement studio which is located in my home:
1. What type of utility sink will be sufficient-will "plastic" hold up?
2. Should I put my cone 10 kiln into a separate room in the studio?
3. About how much room should I leave around the kiln in a separate room for stacking, maintenance, etc.
4. I'm building a 4x8 studio table. Any suggestion as to a material for the top? I am considering hardboard. But would a Formica-like product be better. I am concerned about moisture and warping.
5. Cleaning floors: I know damp mopping is best but should I vacuum up the dust first with a shop vac? If not, wouldn't I just be pushing around mud even if I rinse frequently?
6. I plan on painting the concrete floor with appropriate paint. Should I leave the kiln area unpainted?
7. Which is more desirable as far as venting-downdraft or updraft?