Paulus Berensohn: A Living Or A Life?

Excerpt from video about Paulus Berensohn. Great quote: It's not about making a living, but a way of making a life. Thanks to Carole Epps for posting on her blog.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/62126411" width="500" height="281" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank you Bruce, haven't time to view it right now but look forward immensely to it.

I have had a book written by Paulus for many years now "Finding one's way with clay" I find it inspirational.  MC RIchards wrote the intro. From it:

"It is the pots we are forming, yes. And it is ourselves as well. P.B knows that our pots are a script for our lives.And he knows that without physical practice and work done, the rhetoric of the wholeness is also a dead end" and "He is so resolute about the need for "practice" in working with clay."

Paulus came from the discipline of Dance, and thus his insight.

Lots of delights in this book,"Technique without the presence of the potter leads to dead ends."

Published 1972 Pitman Publishing.

ISBN 0 273 00815 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was a real treat for me.    All my education was in business so I've had limited exposure to the art world.   Would never have known about this person if you didn't post this.  I've watched it 3 times.

Getting a copy of that book too and goggling more information.  Thank you!

Now that quote ..."It's not about making a living, but a way of making a life"  -- Paulus Berensohn.   I am etching that in clay and placing it it my showroom.

Archived