Arrowmont Workshop - Housing Advice

Just looking for advice from any members who have attended residential workshops at Arrowmont (Gatlinburg, TN).  Of the two options listed on their website, Hughes Hall and Teacher's Cottage, which would you recommend for a late August week-long adventure?

...and is "Teacher's Cottage" just for teachers?

-Paul

I stay at the lodge at the top of the hill, can't remember the name.  It's not much  more $$$$ and is more modern in it's amenities and quieter. Beautiful screened porch in the trees, nice for group evening gatherings, good tv and kitchen rooms upstairs. I do the 2 rooms, shared bath option, works great for me.  I don't mine the hike and usually don't go back to the room until time to clean up before dinner. Ohhh, the dinners! 

First time?   By the end of the week, I forget I am supposed to live somewhere else.  What workshops are you considering taking?

Hughes hall is located up the hill from the clay studio. It's the newest of the housing options at Arrowmont.

Teachers is more rustic as well as closer to the clay studio. I've stayed in both and prefer Hughes Hall.

Thanks Annabelle! I'm thinking the extra walk up the hill will do me good.

I stay at the lodge at the top of the hill, can't remember the name.  It's not much  more $$$$ and is more modern in it's amenities and quieter. Beautiful screened porch in the trees, nice for group evening gatherings, good tv and kitchen rooms upstairs. I do the 2 rooms, shared bath option, works great for me.  I don't mine the hike and usually don't go back to the room until time to clean up before dinner. Ohhh, the dinners! 

First time?   By the end of the week, I forget I am supposed to live somewhere else.  What workshops are you considering taking?

I'm pretty sure you are describing Hughes Hall.  I have little doubt that the setting is a terrific for 're-charging'...and by August/September, that is just what I will need.  I am looking at a week-long workshop with Sandra Blain.  I have never met her, but am a huge fan of her forms, surface treatments, and glazing style.

Thanks for your input!,

-Paul

Archived