Hi All,,,,,,,,,I've been meaning to get this out to you since getting home and in the studio from Milwaukee. NCECA was another tornado; it sucked me up, swirled me around, and spit me out. As always, there was a cacophony of activities; panels, lectures, talks, demos, commercial exhibitors, and pots. Of course the highlight for most of us is seeing old friends and making new ones. There was a lot of that. I was involved in meetings with the K12 Exhibition Foundation and I introduced two speakers. That was a new experience for me.

Potters Council activities were high on the list. Our board meeting was productive as we engaged in spirited conversation about member benefits and other pertinent themes that apply to all of our members. The PC juried exhibition was impressive and a major attraction bringing many visitors into our booth.  

Our PC Members Reception was a resounding success. It brought in about 100 people both PC Members and others. The friendly and social atmosphere was palpable. The refreshments were wonderful and the spinning wheel door prize give-a-way was brilliant. 

Big kudos go to Carolyn Dorr for her tireless work as the PC Director. Her ideas and ability to put our suggestions into play illustrates her passion for the mission of the PC and is the ACerS driving force behind the association. Thank you Carolyn!

Steven -- Thanks for those kind words!  I would like to thank all of you on the board and all the staff who worked in the Potters Council booth.  Without everyone's support it would not have been so successful.  The volunteer hours in the booth, setting up and tearing down of the amazing 2014 Juried Show, and the Members Reception. 

Sending those kudos back to you, the PC Advisory Board, and the Staff of Potters Council, Ceramics Monthly, Pottery Making Illustrated and Ceramic Arts Daily!  All of you ROCK!

Already looking forward to next year's PC Member Reception.

Archived