#61 Denice

Denice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationWichita, Kansas

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

Great thread especially the part about Paul Soldner, I have a old poster of his on my studio wall of course everyone is naked.  My most intrusting story about him comes from a seminar he put on here.  It was very hot and and people were lightly dressed especially Paul he just had a pair of raggedy jean shorts on full of holes  and no underwear.  I had a elderly man sitting next to me that I knew from a sculpture group,  he started muttering how shameful and disgusting it was.  I asked him what was wrong and he told me how Paul's private parts were hanging out.  I hadn't noticed I was too busy watching Paul throw,  I told him  that just the way Paul is and wondered why he noticed.  Last spring we were in the small town of Newton,Ks  and discovered a Soldner pug mill manufacturer, it looked like it had been there since the 70's.  Denice

#62 Diesel Clay

Diesel Clay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

What about those images of Bernard Leach throwing in a 3 piece suit? :)
Www.dieselclay.weebly.com

#63 oldlady

oldlady

single firing an electric kiln to cone 6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Locationharpers ferry west va and pinellas park fl

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:39 PM

hi, Babs,  I know it is a little late to add a comment, and yes, I was working in the studio on March 20 wearing wool socks, leather tennis shoes, jeans, a long sleeved tee shirt.  an old fashioned barrette holding my hair back.  that is my usual wardrobe when the temperature is from 70 to 75 degrees.  add one or two wool sweaters and another pair of socks if the temp is below 70.  if it gets higher than 80 degrees, I might have a short sleeved tee shirt if it is sunny. 

the wool socks come off when it gets more than 82 or so. 

an allergy to cold is no fun.  that's why I go to Florida every winter.  tee shirts are great because there is no space between buttons for a cold draft to blow so there are 4 drawers full of them, 2 nice (buttons) shirts in the closet.  usually over a tee shirt.

I used to see the Soldner ads and shiver. 

but craft fairs,  you just need to be artsy looking.  thin, flowing flower printed, scarf topped, jewelry covered, thin and beautiful.       oh, that isn't me that is the lady in the next booth.

"putting you down does not raise me up."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Selling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users