Casual Workshop Questions

Have all attending work shop bring a small piece and place in brown bag. Everyone the picks a bag hopefully not their own.

Hawaii is rough, I can offer to be your assistant while your there, I even look like local.

It's Hawaii relax bruddah, You could go without syllabus or planning and have a spectacular workshop, being a production potter you have and have shared a wealth of knowledge here in this forum, I've seen your work and I'm sure da attendees will be equally pleased.

My crystal ball says you prolly will return to this place, and don't forget da flip flops , and maybe read a pidgin book on way out.

Thanks Lou

I already have the pidgen phrases as I spent time on most all of the Islands-this is a return trip as well-flips are a must bring item as well as fins/mask/snorkel and hiking boots.

This Art center is new on the smallest population Island which is mostly LOCALs

I got some great ideas but I'm going to keep it very simple.Internet is spotty at best there-as this place is not mainstream.

As far as an assistant I can set you up and you can do your own presentation on your own-as its pro bono anyway.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Another thing you could add for a successful workshop is a list of steps for throwing or other techniques.  Most people are not auditory learners.  So having a poster to refer to is helpful to learners.  They can just look up as they are working if they can't remember.  You could even add pictures of the steps.  

Hope that helps.

Archived