• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lorraine Konesni

Lorraine Konesni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Hello, 35 years ago I took pottery in college & got a BFA. I loved pottery but after graduation, didn't know where to go. Recently I went to Craigslist & found a used wheel & a used kiln for $400 (I don't know anything about it but I believe the seller didn't know anything either & I got a steal.Can anyone tell me anything about them? The wheel says "Standard Ceramics" & below, is what I believe is a model number...4530022103.It,s 16 inches high & the 'bowl' is 5 inches. The table part is ceramic & the rest is metal. The motor is a Morse & says...7398275. The kiln is a "Sitter", model number LT3. Can anyone help me?

#2 bciskepottery

bciskepottery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Is there more information on a metal plate attached to the sitter . . . something that tells about amps, watts, etc? A pix of the plate would be even better in trying to help you out.

#3 neilestrick

neilestrick

Neil Estrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
  • LocationGrayslake, IL

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

Welcome to the forum, and back to pottery.

LT3 is the model of the Sitter shutoff device only, not the kiln. As Bruce said there should be a serial plate on the kiln with lots of info. If not, post a picture. Post a picture of the wheel, too.

Neil Estrick
Kiln Repair Tech
L&L Distributor
Owner, Neil Estrick Gallery, LLC
www.neilestrickgallery.com

neil@neilestrickgallery.com

#4 coldfire05

coldfire05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLatrobe Pennsylvania

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

Hi Lorraine,

Standard Ceramics is located here in Pittsburgh, in Carnegie. Their phone number is 412.276.6333. Perhaps they may be of more assistance to you in this matter.
Hope this helps,
Nick in Latrobe

#5 Lorraine Konesni

Lorraine Konesni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

This is Lorraine again. On the kiln, it says "18 H" (or maybe it is an M, it is scratched so I can't tell for sure). We think it is a 1970,s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users