Sign in to follow this  
Lorraine Konesni

New Here But Not To Pottery

Hello, 35 years ago I took pottery in college & got a BFA. I loved pottery but after graduation, didn't know where to go. Recently I went to Craigslist & found a used wheel & a used kiln for $400 (I don't know anything about it but I believe the seller didn't know anything either & I got a steal.Can anyone tell me anything about them? The wheel says "Standard Ceramics" & below, is what I believe is a model number...4530022103.It,s 16 inches high & the 'bowl' is 5 inches. The table part is ceramic & the rest is metal. The motor is a Morse & says...7398275. The kiln is a "Sitter", model number LT3. Can anyone help me?

bciskepottery    925

Is there more information on a metal plate attached to the sitter . . . something that tells about amps, watts, etc? A pix of the plate would be even better in trying to help you out.

neilestrick    1,381

Welcome to the forum, and back to pottery.

LT3 is the model of the Sitter shutoff device only, not the kiln. As Bruce said there should be a serial plate on the kiln with lots of info. If not, post a picture. Post a picture of the wheel, too.

coldfire05    0

Hi Lorraine,

Standard Ceramics is located here in Pittsburgh, in Carnegie. Their phone number is 412.276.6333. Perhaps they may be of more assistance to you in this matter.

Hope this helps,

Nick in Latrobe