NCECA today ... Took the bus tour to Kohler and their Art museum ... Some really amazing work there. This army of monkeys was very moving and inspiring ... no it's not a take off on the terra cotta army from China as you might at first think. More of a comment on his own family experiences.

Second image is some very cool porcelain work.

Potters Council Reception was very well attended, lots of fun and they promise to do it again next year.

post-1585-0-07854400-1395283144_thumb.jpg

post-1585-0-40067800-1395283157_thumb.jpg

post-1585-0-07854400-1395283144_thumb.jpg

post-1585-0-40067800-1395283157_thumb.jpg

Great show, demos lectures and more memorial to those who have passed away.

It was spread through the conference that Don Reitz passed away last night. He was a wonderful potter, teacher and kind man.

Rebby stopped by and she seems to be enjoying the overwhelming experience.

Evelyne' s piece in the show was really interesting both in surface and structure with the bolts.

Wish y'all were here.

Marcia

What an honor, John himself.... (Unfortunately not in a gown...)

Thanks for the pics Chris. I appreciate your effort very much!! And thanks also to John and Marcia!

R.I.P Don Reitz. What a huge loss for the ceramics world. So sad.

Marci: wish we were there too. Next year in R.I. I could take a train from Switzerland to England, a ship from England to N.Y. and a bus or train to Providence. How about that?! No flying involved > big grin<...

Enjoy your stay in Milwaukee my friends! Greetings

Evelyne

Things are winging down. Another great event is coming to an end.

That's one of David Richo's givens: "Everything changes and ends".

Do you know the book? (The five things we cannot change.... and the happiness we find by embracing them).

I'am sure you all had fun and a good time at NCECA. Safe travels home!

Evelyne

On Saturday I drove with friends out to Racine Art Museum to see the show from their permanent collection. Wow, It was there that the Objects USA show was shown as the Johnson and Johnson collection. powerhouse show of the 1960 s. On display were Beatrice Wood, Patty Warashina, my mentors/instructors Paula Winokur and Bill Daley, Eddie Dominguez, Tashiko Takeazu, and two full floors of historical American Ceramics. then off to Kenosha to see Old Hands in Clay, work by famous clay rock stars over 70. Susan and Stephen Kemeneffy, Verne Funk, Victor Spinski, Roberta Griffeth, Joe Bova, Warren Mackenzie, Mo Jupp, Nina Hole, Walter Ostrum, Doug Baldwin,Rimis Visgirda, and more. Great shows also and at the Kewpee hamburger joint around the corner in Racine by the name of Kewpees. they had a huge collection of kewpie dolls , histoirical and the counters were low. I had a cup of chili, cheese buburger, fries and refilled homemade root beer for a total of $6.99. I felt I was in American Graffiti. Also on Sat. The emerging artists show some great work, and Cynthia Bringle gave a humble and homespun Closing address.

marcia

• 2 weeks later...

Did not come up

Please check link.

there was a student throwing competition at Supermud/NCECA back in '78.

kick wheels.

warren Mackenzie commented to me that I did a good job. 20+" 5 #of clay?someone else did better.

Long tradition at NCECA. Glad it is coming back.

Marcia

Archived