Regardless of wiring, the fumes released would make a kiln in an apartment a poor idea, it could be harmful to you and your neighbors. For that matter, it may not be legal? This seems like an idea that the fire marshal would not approve of (and insurance policies aside, if you violate fire code, you can be subject to fines on top of damages should anything go wrong). I would also imagine anything involving altered wiring would require management approval and I couldn't see that ever getting a yes either.
Unless you've got a place to use it else where, I'd wait on the kiln and just pay firing fees until you have a good spot. Think detached garage when house hunting!