Sign in to follow this  
Chris Campbell

How Are You Managing Your Web Resources?

Chris Campbell    1,088

Here is a facebook posting of an image that was presented during the "Using Social Media" session. It explains in simple terms what every site is for.

As I commented on facebook, there is NOTHING here about "Look at the sales I made and the money I received from using all these social media sites."

With me, the jury is still out on the usefulness of spending valuable studio time in the short attention span theater.

post-1585-0-88345900-1397481073_thumb.jpg

post-1585-0-88345900-1397481073_thumb.jpg

Stellaria    35

All I have is an etsy shop. I'm a hobby potter for right now. Or, as I like to say, I'm a Practicing Potter. (I practice all the time; people get to buy the results of my practice :D )

Chris Campbell    1,088

Wow ... just read the latest web report and "Click away" time is down to 3 seconds.

Yep, if you don't have your website loading with something to read or see in three seconds, people are gone.

Pretty soon we will be gone if we have move our pinkies to click.

JBaymore    1,432

I figure that people who 'click away' in 3 seconds won't like my work anyway.  I deal in subtlety and pieces that deliberately take time to get to know.  "Slow clay".  The ADD types won't get it.  ;)

I have NO intention whatsoever in chasing that market.  Waste of my time trying.

Selling effectively and efficiently is about targeted marketing.

best,

......john

Chris Campbell    1,088

Well John, I know my click away time is in that area ... shorter than that sometimes. You gotta show something quick ... Be it writing or an image.

I also judge a business by their website be it an airline or an artist. It is amazing to me how unfriendly some huge sites can be and how wonderful others are. There are some web designers out there who are truly inspired artists.