Hello,

I am wondering what thoughts people have on making urns.  Specifically urns that incorporate the cremated bodies ash directly into the urn and glaze.  I understand that this is about discussing business, and not for doing business, and I am not trying to sell anyone here an urn, and I hope no one here needs one right now, but I am wondering if it is permissible for people to review  our website ( www.mieksclayworks.com ) and let me know if we are on the right track.

We have had the cremation-glaze discussion a number of times in my family and the general consensus here is that it is a little 'creepy' (no pun intended).  On the other hand, making urns has long historical standing.  There is good information available on just how big the urn needs to be to hold an individual's remains based upon an individual's weight.  It seems that one pound of body equal one cubic inch of remains.  Note: this is not a recommendation to add a neighbor to that Cone 6 firing just so you can fill up the kiln :mellow: .

Archived