• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Violette Station Studio

Violette Station Studio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

I need help with my gare 1822 kiln, with the perfect-fire digital controller.  Before Christmas I had replaced a broken element, and the kiln worked fine, I only fired it to cone 05.  Then I had a student who needed to fire to cone 6, and the kiln didn't reach higher than 1900F, so I decided to change the remaining 3 elements.  But now the kiln will not go higher than 950F. It does'nt make the ticking sound it made before, when heating up.  All elements have been changed, and I've checked their resistance, and their good.  So now what do I need to check?  A relay? or what?  I have the owner's manual, but it does'nt address relays, or other problems.  I'm not an electrician, nor is my hubby.  Can anyone give me advice on what I should do next?  Thank you.  Denise

#2 neilestrick

neilestrick

Neil Estrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • LocationGrayslake, IL

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

if it's not clicking, there's a good chance a relay isn't working. Turn it on high and see if all the elements are glowing. If a section of the kiln isn't working, like a pair of elements, then it's likely a relay or a fried wire connection.

Neil Estrick
Kiln Repair Tech
L&L Distributor
Owner, Neil Estrick Gallery, LLC
www.neilestrickgallery.com

neil@neilestrickgallery.com

#3 Violette Station Studio

Violette Station Studio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Thank you Neil, for your response.  I will check the relays, and call Evenheat for the specific ones to use.

#4 Naomi

Naomi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:50 PM

I'm very curious how this turned out. Did you figure out the problem? Was it the relays? 

#5 Mark C.

Mark C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata Ca-redwood rain forest

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:28 PM

Yes what was it?

Mark

Mark Cortright
www.liscomhillpottery.com