Unwanted Visitors To Pottery Shed. Had Any?

we lived on a farm, and the cattle walked past my studio on the way to be dipped. One day a bull calf went a bit off-course, and chased my cat thro my studio.  I just stood and watched, aghast, and between them they did not break a thing.  Bull in a china shop came to mind.  Nowadays i only have frogs that croak loudly.

I chased a rat snake out of a big, hard brick burn out kiln the other day.  We have rats in the studios--all of them.  There are roaches during the summer--geckos too, those are cute though.  The occasional possum will wander in as well.  And I work for a university :P

LOL. If you have rats, you keep the snake around so it can eat the rats and keep your place clean. You never heard this before?

I chased a rat snake out of a big, hard brick burn out kiln the other day.  We have rats in the studios--all of them.  There are roaches during the summer--geckos too, those are cute though.  The occasional possum will wander in as well.  And I work for a university :P

LOL. If you have rats, you keep the snake around so it can eat the rats and keep your place clean. You never heard this before?

Unfortunately, living in the kiln just wasn't going to work for the rat snake and I as students needed to fire it--so he slithered off into some grass--im guessing he is still around and snacking on our rat population 

My only other guests are daddy long legs. We co-exist fairly comfortably.

Daddy longlegs in my experience have the ability to excrete white/beige on black slate and excrete black/brown on white tiles.... rather have a snake skin.

They catch other insects and the mummified remains can build up. I reduce the population from time to time with a broom.

Archived