Mastering Cone 6 Glazes - Priced Way Out

Chilly

OK, it's been nice to read so many recommendations for this book, but I've just found out why I didn't get it for xmas!  There are none on fleabay, and Amazon is a bit out of budget :(

Any other suggestions for a similar book gratefully received :)

31AJofYIUqL._AA160_.jpg

Mastering Cone 6 Glazes: Improving Durability, Fit and Aesthetics by John Hesselberth and Ron Roy (Jan 2002)

Guest JBaymore

If you contact John, I think they have an ebook version availabe now.  The print copy is out of print, to my knowledge.

I won't post his priovate email address here publically.... but check your PMs.

best,

.....................john

It's only £12 on apple iBook if you have any apple device... Also as acg said above if you keep an eye on amazon they do come up slightly cheaper from time to time - it was down around £60 in mid December...

Unfortunately no Apple device.  I'll keep my eyes open for a second-hand copy.  I've put in a request to my county library, but looks like we don't have one.  Having said that, the last book I borrowed seems to have come from a College/University in the USA - can't remember exact title of book, but it was on mold-making.

I purchased Mastering Cone 6 Glazes about 6 months ago for $69.00 at a ceramic supply shop on-line.  Amazon had only one listed at $120.00 so I decided to look at smaller suppliers to see if someone had one sitting on their shelves and found one quickly.  Denice

Wow! It was printed in 2002 and I see it here Used starting at $173! Dang, is it printed in gold leaf or what?

Maybe I need too keep an eye out.

John and Roy self-printed Mastering Cone 6 Glazes. They have done a run of black/white versions . . . again, self-printed out of their own pockets . . . that are available. Plus there is the e-book version. I'm sure John and Roy love us all dearly, but I doubt their pockets are that deep. Maybe some some "sugar daddy" will come along and offer to re-issue the book, much like ACERs did for Vince Pitelka's wonderful book (moderators/ACERs . . . that is a not so subtle hint). Or, you'll have to wait for John Britt's book on Cone 6 glazes.

I've put in a request to my county library, but looks like we don't have one. 

We don't have a copy in the Hampshire Library Service either, but they got me one from Sunderland Uni.

I think it cost me £2.00 or £2.50 to borrow from out of county.

I had this book and can't fine it, Uuugh!  As Diane said, John Britt has a cone 6 coming out this summer.  I'm holding my breath.  I went to a glaze workshop with him and he said he did 2000 test tiles for the book. 

Thanks Norm for the recipes, as my kids would say, your the bomb.

Archived